Thursday May 25, 2023
E 127:Trauma Therapy: A Conversation with Heather
What would Mental Health Awareness Month be without hearing from a Qualified Therapist?
This week, we talked with Heather, a therapist who specializes in healing trauma. Heather shares with us her insights on so many important topics surrounding mental health, therapy, and specifically trauma therapy.
We get answers to these questions and more!
- What does a first therapy session look like?
- How to pick a therapist that is a good fit for you?
- What are the different approaches to therapy?
- What exactly is EMDR? How does it work?
- How do I make my first therapy appointment?
- What can I do right now to begin the healing journey?
This episode is jam packed with helpful tips for your healing journey.
Amy & Sarah
Check out or Sponsor, Magic Mind. We are loving Magic Mind as we move into 2023 planning to finish ALL the projects and be as efficient as possible with our time. This little shot, “contains a magical combination of 13 active ingredients designed to boost focus, creativity, energy, and motivation while decreasing stress, oxidation, and post exercise inflammation in the body.” We are loving it! You can check it out for an extra 20% off of their already discounted subscription. If you don’t like it or it isn’t providing the results you expected, you can cancel easily at any time. Use THERAPISTS20 for the discount.
We want to keep on keeping on with our mental health awareness mission and to do that, we need to grow our Patreon community so that we can continue to put out the Unqualified Therapists podcast. YOU can help us keep the mics on and join our community for as little as $5. Your support means the world to us as we continue to stop the stigma surrounding mental health and mental illness.
- Find all things UTI here.
- Have a story to share? Contact us here.
- Help us out with a short survey for what you want to hear next on the pod.
- Starting your own podcast and want an easy and affordable platform? Get your first month FREE by using this link.
*The Unqualified Therapists Podcast is not recommending medical advice as they are not actual doctors (Hence the name: Unqualified 😉). This podcast is for entertainment purposes only and all medical advice should be taken from a Qualified Doctor. UT shares stories and resources, not medical advice.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.